Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 33- Valentine to Bassett- 65 miles

Kathy and Darryl, the couple I camped with last night, graciously took me out for breakfast this morning! I had my fill of eggs, hashbrowns, toast, and oatmeal. We had a lot of awesome conversations before parting ways. They are a really neat couple. 
Those crosswinds. They're big as life.
Really, the wind wasn't terrible today. However, my tush had several things to say about my saddle. Mainly, "STOP $:35?"& GETTING UP IN MY GRILL RAAAAWRRRR!" ...It hurts. 
It Johnstown, I stopped at the post office, laid on the ground for a few minutes, and mailed a post card. The postmaster came out and gave me a cookie. Life is good. Also, I'm in love. 
...With this bank. Isn't it awesome? It hasn't even been converted into a tourist attraction. 
I had hoped to possibly make it to Atkinson, but I shamelessly gave up here in Bassett, where I've happily pitched my tent under some trees in the fairgrounds, and am looking forward to a free shower and being lulled to sleep by the sounds of a cattle-roping show. Hopefully I'll be  up and on my way early tomorrow morning.
Expenses:
None

1 comment: